Home About Me Reviews Popular Posts Photography Contact

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Autumn and Boo

September 23rd marked the first day of AUTUMN... My FAVORITE season! So needless to say I was really excited to start decorating my place. As some of you know, this is my first year in my VERY OWN place! I am fresh out of college, on a budget, and just starting to aquire my seasonal displays little by little. Though each year it will be a work in progress, you have to start somewhere right!?

My first fall craft costed me about $13. Not bad! I got the lantern from IKEA for $7.99, the Leaf branch and harvest mix from Wal-Mart. Kevin referred to this lantern as my hobbit flashlight but agreed it was pretty cool after I told him of my inspired plans to change out the presented decor for each season.
All you need to do is:
1. Cut off all leaves of the branch
2. Place leaves and harvest mix inside lantern (I found it easier to lay the lantern on its back)
3. Mix and place accordingly
(Please note that due to my camera dying I didn't have much time to place and plan the inside so I snapped a quick pic) See picss below!



Now, as Halloween is approaching- My favorite holiday- I couldnt wait until the 1st of October to start decorating... Don't worry, I'll wait until this weekend before I put any outside decorations out. I apologize for not getting more pictures it was a race to get the ones I have. I got these fake large and small spiders from Wal-Mart for $2.50 each (2 big, 8 little). By adding little things here and there I wanted to make it more haloween-esque... but... I am not a fan of a "cute" halloween with smiling pumpkins... To each is their own...So I think I am going to retract the Fall items until halloween is over. I just got an entry way table and have a large mirror above it. It is a continual work in progress as I continue to adjust and play with what feels right. I would LOVE some suggestion. But for the mirror I got fake cobwebb for 99 cents from the dollar store and used the spiders I got from walmart. I thought it turned out pretty awesome... not to mention.. I HATE spiders... They freak me out! But thats what halloween is about!

Skull from Wal-mart-$1.98The last thing I did came from Pinspiration pinned here. On my center table in my living room, I usually have this little triple candle display shown below... So in light of Halloween I bought 1 bag of Candy Corn - $1.98 from Wal-Mart- and black cherry candles (These were the most expensive totaling about $22 for the set.

First I just placed my candles, emptied the bad of candy corn, and Viola'!

DISCLAIMER: The only downpart of this... Is keeping everyone from EATING all the candy corn.. no lie.. I made dinner for Kevin the other night and he was already full before I finished cooking... I suggest you buy 2 bags and hide prior to all served meals :)


Enjoy! Leave some comment love, some advice and any ideas to help out with new decor!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These decorations are so great! I especially love the leaves and such in the lantern :)

Lindsay Nicole said...

Oh thanks!!!

Emily said...

Thank you so much for your comment on our "bits of everything" blog. I just wanted to hop on over here and meet you. I LOVE what you've done with the leaves in the lantern. How creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...